name='keywords'/> WhiteOak's Halloween Blog: Delicious Autumn Recipes

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Delicious Autumn Recipes



Click on the links and it will take you directly to the recipe. 

Pumpkin Cake Supreme : This is another recipe that came from an old Church Cookbook. Members from church, will gather together recipes that have been in their families and they put them together creating a cookbook.  I love the fact that the recipes are passed down and also how back in the day, money was a lot tighter than today' so homemakers needed to know how to make a $1.00 go a long way. 

Pumpkin Dream Pie: Here is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes, that I know will make your heart happy and make your family smile.  Not this particular recipe but many other Southern recipes are usually passed down from generation to generation which in my book makes the recipes even better!!



Making Homemade Apple-Butter: When it comes to Autumn, cooking, canning and your house smelling of cloves and cinnamon just makes everything wonderful!  Apple-Butter has been one of my most favorite foods since I was a young child. I use to love it so much (and to be honest, I still do) that I could eat it right out of the jar.

Apple Carrot Muffins:  I have always associated apples with Autumn. It seems like the apples are a little sweeter, a little crisper and bigger in size.  Just the right kind of apples that are fantastic to use for caramel apples for Halloween, or Apple Carrot Muffins... which you will love!!

Another Apple Salad: This is a salad that can be made any time of the year. Since I associate Autumn with Apples, I like making it a lot in the Fall. Trust me when I say.. this salad is good alone or with Ginger Snap Cookies!!






No comments:

Post a Comment